Former WOLY AM 1500 Battle Creek
Last Known Format: Religious
Off air date: 2009, unlicensed since 2004
On air date: 1963
Last Known Technical Information:
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 2, directional
Daytime operations only
Call Sign History:
- DWOLY: 6/13/2006
- WOLY: 7/19/1988
- WCLS: 2/5/1986
- WWKQ: 1976
- WVOC: sign on, 11/22/1963
Call Sign Origin:
Last Known Owner: Christian Family Network
- 6/13/2006: License is officially canceled and station removed from FCC databases. The process of removing WOLY from the air continued through May, 2009.
- 2004: No license renewal is filed during the 2004 cycle of renewals for stations in Michigan.
- 5/1999: Station is back on the air; license has been reinstated by FCC.
- 11/10/1998: License cancelled by FCC. Station has applied for reinstatement.
- 1976: Station is sold to Television 36, Inc. and becomes WWKQ.
- 11/22/1963: Station begins programming within minutes of the announcement of President Kennedy's assisination. Original owner was WVOC, Inc. Reverend Don F. Price was the president of the corporation.