Former WSNQ AM 900 Gaylord
Last Known Format: Adult Standards
Off air date: December 1999
On air date: 1950
Last Known Technical Information:
Daytime Power / # of Towers: - watts / -, -
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: - watts / -, -
Call Sign History:
- WSNQ: 11/28/1989
- WMJZ: 7/13/1987
- WZXM: 3/14/1983
- WATC: 1950
Call Sign Origin:
Last Known Owner: Darby Advertising
- 7/24/2002: License for station is canceled by FCC; AM 900 was ultimately removed as part of the plan to move and upgrade WFDF AM 910 which moved its facilities from Flint to south of Detroit and increased daytime power to 50,000 watts.
- 12/1999: Station goes silent as new buyer is sought. Format at this time was Adult Standards.
- 1989: Simulcast with FM 93.5 ends; new calls for AM 900 are WSNQ and format is News-Talk.
- 1984: Sister station WZXM-FM 93.5 signs on; stations are simulcast. As the AM at this time was a daytimer, the addition of the FM provided service after sunset for the first time.
- 1950: On air as WATC, part of Les Biederman's Paul Bunyan Network.