WXLA AM 1180 Dimondale/Lansing
Slogan/Positioner: Unforgettable 1180
Format: Adult Standards/Oldies
Contact this station via phone, noted below.
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 10,000 watts / 2, directional
Critical Hours Power / # of Towers: 2,000 watts / 2, directional
No nighttime service
Call Sign History:
- WXLA: 6/29/1984
- WDTB: 8/27/1979
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: September 20, 1982
Owner: MacDonald Broadcasting
Office Telephone: (517) 393-1320
- 10/2006: Format change from Adult Urban Contemporary 'Mix 1180' to Adult Standards.
- 5/2006: Announced that Mid-Michigan FM is selling Urban WQHH 96.5 FM and Adult Urban WXLA AM 1180 to MacDonald Broadcasting for $3.65 million. FCC approves sale about two months later.
- 7/2004: Construction permit granted for increase in daytime power from 1,000 to 10,000 watts and addition of critical hours operations at 2,000 watts. License to cover granted October 2005.
- 1995: Licensed assigned from Diamond Broadcasters to Mid-Michigan FM
- 198x: Frequency change to 1180 from 1170.
- 1982: On-air, daytime-only, as WDTB simulcasting CNN's Headline News. Power is 1,000 watts on 1170 AM.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: