WJIM AM 1240 Lansing
Slogan/Positioner: 1240 WJIM - Lansing's Big Talker
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.wjimam.com
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 890 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 890 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
- Jim Gross, son of original owner Harold Gross
On Air Date: 1934
Owner: Townsquare Media
Office Telephone: (517) 394-7272
- 8/2013: Townsquare Media is purchasing 53 radio stations from Cumulus, including the Lansing cluster that includes WJIM. Sale price is $238 million and it closes in November 2013.
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 2/17/2000: FCC approves sale of 7 stations from Liggett Broadcasting to Citadel.
- 19xx: Station adds, then drops AM stereo
- 1985: Liggett acquires station from Gross.
- 1960s: Format is Top 40 as 'Big Jim 1240'.
- 1941: Frequency change to 1240.
- 1934: On air at AM 1210 with 250 watts daytime and 100 watts at night. Owner is Gross Telecasting and is the first commerically operated station the state capital.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: