WCWA AM 1230 Toledo, OH
Slogan/Positioner: Fox Sports Radio 1230 WCWA
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.wcwa.com
HD Radio Status: ✔
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
- "Seaway", nod to Toledo's link between the upper Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean
On Air Date: April 10, 1938
Office Telephone: (419) 244-8321
- 5/3/2004: Format change from Talk to Sports as 'Fox Sports 1230'
- 11/1/2002: Format change from Adult Standards to Talk
- 1980s: Format is 'Cowboy Radio', a hybrid of Country/Rock/Top 40. Eventually the format changes to Adult Standards.
- 1970s: Multiple format changes/adjustments. Tongue-in-cheek reference to the station was 'Which Way Radio'.
- 1965: Call sign changes to WCWA, "Seaway 1230" as ownership of then co-owned Channel 11 (WTOL-TV) changes.
- 1964: Full Service format returns.
- 1962: 24-hour operations begin, format is all music.
- 1939: Nighttime service is licensed.
- 4/10/1938: WTOL begins operations and is Toledo's second radio station. Owned by Frazier Reams, format is Full Service.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Lucas County, OH
Old logo gallery: