WSGW AM 790 Saginaw
Slogan/Positioner: News Radio 790
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.wsgw.com
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 5,000 watts / 6, directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 6, directional
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: August 11, 1950
Owner: Digity, LLC
Office Telephone: (989) 752-3456
- 8/2015: Alpha Media agrees to acquire Digity, LLC.
- 2014: Digity, LLC acquires 33 radio stations owned by NextMedia, including WSGW.
- 1/2003: FCC approves sale of WSGW, WCEN-FM, WTCF, WGER, and WTLZ to NextMedia from Wilks
- 11/1/2002: Announced that Wilks will sell 5 stations to NextMedia Group for $55.5 million.
- 9/6/2002: Cumulus terminates purchase of WSGW, WCEN-FM, WTCF, WGER, and WTLZ before sale is finalized
- 7/9/2002: FCC approves sale of 5 stations from Wilks to Cumulus (WSGW, WCEN, WTCF, WGER, WTLZ)
- 5/7/2002: Announced that Cumulus is purchasing 5 Tri-Cities area stations (WSGW 790-AM, WCEN-FM 94.5, WTCF-FM 100.5, WGER-FM 106.3, and WTLZ-FM 107.1) to Cumulus Broadcasting for $55.6 million from Wilks Broadcasting
- 7/13/2000: FCC approves sale from Citadel to Wilks
- 4/27/2000: Announced that WGER-FM 106.3, WTCF-FM 100.5, and WSGW-AM 790 are being sold to Wilks Broadcasting in order to meet station ownership levels in the Tri-Cities.
- 12/22/1998: FCC approves sale of 62nd Street Broadcasting stations in the Tri-Cities to Citadel
- 19xx: Fritz Broadcasting and 62nd Street Broadcasting merge.
- 19xx: Station is sold from John Lord Booth to Jock Fritz/Fritz Broadcasting
- 8/11/1950: Station is on-air, owned by John Lord Booth (owner of WJLB Detroit)
Center of antenna array/transmitter location: