WVFN AM 730 East Lansing
Slogan/Positioner: WVFN The Game 730 AM; Lansing's Sports Leader
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.thegame730am.com
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 500 watts / 3, directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 50 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Call Sign History:
- WVFN: 6/19/1992
- WVIC: 10/12/1989
- WAAP: 3/29/1989
- WVIC: 1983
- WVGO: 1981
- WVIC: about 1965
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: 1965
Owner: Townsquare Media
Office Telephone: (517) 394-7272
- Townsquare Media purchases Cumulus Media's Lansing cluster.
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 2/17/2000: FCC approves sale of 7 stations from Liggett Broadcasting to Citadel.
- 1997: MSP Communications sells station to Liggett Broadcast (along with WITL-FM, WVIC-FM, WMMQ-FM)
- 1992: Format change to sports as WVFN 'The Fan'.
- 199x: Station purchased by MSP Communications
- 1983: Adult Standards format is dropped and simulcast of Top 40 WVIC-FM returns.
- 1981: Goodrich Broadcasting purchases WVIC-FM/AM and changes the format of WVIC AM to Adult Standards.
- 1979: WVIC adds dayparted Urban Contemporary programming while also continuing to simulcast WVIC-FM at other times.
- 1968: WVIC along with sister station WVIC-FM change format to Top 40.
- 1965: On air as WVIC, format is Middle of the Road.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location: