WDBC AM 680 Escanaba
Slogan/Positioner: AM 680; The Information Authority; America's Best Music
Format: Full Service / Adult Standards
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.kmbbroadcasting.com/wdbc/
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 10,000 watts / 2 / directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 4 / directional
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date:
Owner: KMB Broadcasting
Office Telephone: (906) 786 3800
- Noted as the Upper Peninsula's most powerful AM station.
- 2003: Appeal filed to review FCC's approval of transfer of stations. As of late 2003, the deal had not been completed and appears to have fallen through.
- 3/2003: FCC recinds decision for transfer of stations, then later affirms it.
- 2/2003: FCC approves transfer of stations from KMB to Starboard
- 10/2002: Announced that Starboard Media will acquire WYKX-FM 104.7 and WDBC-AM 680 Escanaba from KMB Broadcasting for $850,000.
- 2/2000: Format moves more toward talk/full services as some oldies programming is dropped
- Late 1990's: Format changes to oldies
- 1980's-90's: Format is soft rock/adult contemporary
- 1970's: Format is top 40
Center of antenna array/transmitter location: