WHNN FM 96.1 Bay City
Slogan/Positioner: My 96.1; The Best Variety of Yesterday and Today
Format: Adult Contemporary
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.my961.com
HD Radio Status: no
Power/Height/Class: 100,000 watts / 1,020 feet / C
Call Sign History:
- WHNN: August 1973
Call Sign Origin:
- Super Win (previous format)
- Bay City, Michigan (original calls)
On Air Date: approximately late 1960s
Owner: Cumulus Media
Office Telephone: (989) 776-2100
- 1/15/2016: Format change from Classic Hits 'All Classics All the Time' to Adult Contemporary 'My 96.1'.
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging with / acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 2007: Format evolves from Oldies to Classic Hits.
- 2006: Station begins airing All-Christmas music during the holidays.
- 2/17/2000: FCC approves sale of 7 stations from Liggett Broadcasting to Citadel.
- Fall 1990: Following a stunt of playing various versions of "Louie, Louie", WNHH changes format and becomes 'Oldies 96'.
- June 1981: Format switch from Rock to Adult Contemporary as 'Sunny 96'.
- 1976: Format change to Album Oriented Rock as 'Win 96'.
- August 1973: Format is Top 40 'Super Win', calls to WHNN.
- 196x: WBCM-FM returns on 96.1, format is Beautiful Music.
- 1947: WBCM-FM first signs on, but later goes silent as FM radios were not yet in wide use and listenership was very low.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: