WTOU AM 930 Battle Creek
Slogan/Positioner: The Touch
Format: Adult Urban Contemporary
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.go955.com
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 5,000 watts / 2 / directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 3 / directional
Call Sign History:
- WTOU: 7/1/2014
- WBCK: 1948
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: 1948
Owner: Midwest Communications
Office Telephone: (269) 345-7121
- 2/2/2015: Station resumes broadcasting as 'The Touch' featuring an Adult Urban Contemporary format. The AM station is paired with an FM translator on 102.7 in Battle Creek, the same type of setup Midwest Communications uses in nearby Kalamazoo. The Touch is now heard on AM 930 / FM 102.7 Battle Creek and on AM 1560 / FM 95.5 Kalamazoo.
- 7/3/2014: Noted that the station has gone silent, two days after changing call sign to WTOU.
- 1/2014: Announced that Midwest Communications is buying WBCK AM 930 out of trust for $175,000. The sale closes on July 1, 2014.
- 4/10/2012: Format change from Country to Sports as 'The Score'.
- 3/2009: FCC again affirms the sale of 8 Battle Creek and Ann Arbor stations, including WBCK AM 930, from Clear Channel to Cumulus. Cumulus places WBCK AM 930 into trust.
- 3/28/2008: WBCK AM drops simulcast of news/talk format that moved to WBCK-FM 95.3. New format on AM 930 is country as 'Country 93'.
- 12/2007: The FCC approves the sale of Clear Channel's Ann Arbor and
Battle Creek clusters to Cumulus Broadcasting. Simultaneously, the Commission approved the
transfer of WBFN to Family Life Broadcasting and the transfer of WBCK AM into the Stratus Radio LLC trust. The complicated transaction was first announced in December 2006.
- 9/2007: News-Talk format begins simulcast on WBCK-FM 95.3 Battle Creek. It's expected the simulcast on AM 930
will end in December when the station will go silent or be transferred to a new owner.
- 8/2007: Announced that Cumulus has applied to put WBCK AM 930 Battle Creek into a trust controlled by Stratus Radio, LLC which will in turn sell the
station to an independent third party in order to comply with ownership limits.
- 12/2006: Announced that Cumulus is acquiring Ann Arbor stations WWWW-FM 102.9, WQKL-FM 107.1, WTKA AM 1050, and WLBY AM 1290 along with Battle Creek stations
WBXX-FM 95.3, WRCC-FM 104.9, WBCK AM 930, and WBFN AM 1400 from Clear Channel pending FCC approval and closing. Cumulus will then immediately donate
WBFN AM 1400 Battle Creek to Family Life Communications.
- 7/18/2000: AMFM/Clear Channel merger approved
- 10/1999: AMFM to merge with Clear Channel
- 3/1999: Capstar officially becomes part of Chancellor (now AMFM) with approval of FCC.
- 8/27/1998: Capstar and Chancellor Media are to merge.
- Mid 1990s: After years with a middle-of-the-road music format, station evolves into News-Talk.
- 1948: On the air, becoming Battle Creek's first licensed radio station.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: