WVHF AM 1140 Kentwood/Grand Rapids
Slogan/Positioner: Holy Family Radio
Format: Religious; Catholic
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.holyfamilyradio.net
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 5,000 watts / 3, directional
Daytime operations only
Call Sign History:
- WVHF: 4/13/2010
- WJNZ: 6/16/2003
- WKWM: 6/21/1999
- WXBV: 10/15/1998
- WKWM: late 1970s
Call Sign Origin:
- Voice of the Holy Family
- Kentwood Michigan
On Air Date: Late 1970s
Owner: Holy Family Radio
Office Telephone: (616) 956-1140
- 12/25/2010: After being off the air for nearly a year, AM 1140 returns to the air with religious/Catholic programming as 'Holy Family Radio'.
- 2/2010: Holy Family Radio agrees to purchase station out of bankruptcy receivership for $310,000 pending FCC approval and closing; urban format moves to AM 1530 and station goes silent while sale completes. FCC approves sale in 10/2010 and it closes in 12/2010.
- 2009: WJNZ Radio is bankrupt and station goes into receivership.
- 4/2005: FCC approves sale of station from Goodrich Radio to WJNZ Radio LLC.
- 2004: Station is sold by Goodrich Radio to station manager Mike St. Cyr as WJNZ Radio LLC for $360,000, pending FCC approval.
- 6/2003: Format change to Adult Urban Contemporary using ABC Radio's 'The Touch' programming. WJNZ call sign moves from AM 1680 which changes its format from Urban to Children's/Radio Disney as WDSS.
- 12/2001: Format change to Adult Standards 'Music of Your Life'.
- 6/1999: Format change from syndicated talk to Rhythmic Oldies using satellite fed Westwood One's 'Groovin Oldies' service, call sign back to WKWM.
- Fall 1998: Music format gives way to Talk as WXBV.
- 6/1996: License is assigned to Goodrich Radio Marketing.
- 12/1992: License for WKWM is assigned from Richard Culpepper to Michelle Broadcasting.
- 1980s: Format is Urban Contemporary.
- Late 1970s: On-air as WKWM, format is Disco.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: