WJML AM 1110 Petoskey
Simulcast with WJNL AM 1210 Kingsley/Traverse City
Slogan/Positioner: The Talk of the North; WJML 1210 & 1110 & 94.9 FM
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.wjml.com
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 10,000 watts / 2 / directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 10 watts / 2 / directional
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
- John, Michael, and Linda Harrington (children of original owner)
On Air Date: December 6, 1966
Owner: Stone Communications
Office Telephone: (231) 348-5000
- 4/2007: After sister station WWKK AM 750 is swapped to Fort Bend Broadcasting in exchange for AM 1210 Kingsley/Traverse City, AM 1210 becomes WJNL and begins simulcasting WJML. Talk programming from both WWKK and WJML is combined/simulcast on the WJML/WJNL combo.
- 9/2002: Announced that station, along with WWKK-AM 750, has been sold to Basic Licensing for $900,000 by Stone Communications. Sale is approved by the FCC the next month, but by 2003 the sales agreement is not completed and the stations remain under the ownership of Stone Communications.
- 19xx: WJML AM is purchased by Stone Communications and the station restarts operations with a Talk format.
- 1989: WJML-FM/AM sold to Northern Radio of Michigan; shortly thereafter WJML-FM becomes simulcast of Rock WKLT as WKLZ and AM 1110 is silenced and put up for sale.
- 1983: Bob and Tom leave for Indianapolis / Format change to Adult Contemporary
- 197x: Bob Kevoian and Tom Griswold (Bob & Tom) take over mornings at WJML, the first time the duo worked together.
- 2/1977: Format change to Top 40 as 'WJML The Music Station'.
- 1970s: Stations are sold by the estate of John Harrington.
- 12/6/1966: Station is on-air operating daytime only as sister station to WJML-FM 98.9; WJML-FM was one of northern Michigan's first FM's. Format of both WJML and WJML-FM is Middle of the Road. WJML-FM 98.9 was on the air for about one year before WJML AM first signed on. Both stations are owned by John Harrington.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: