Former WDOW AM 1440 Dowagiac
Last Known Format: Sports
Off air date: 2011
On air date:
Last Known Technical Information:
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 89 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Call Sign History:
- DWDOW: 3/24/2011
- WDOW: sign on
Call Sign Origin:
Last Known Owner: Langford Broadcasting
- 3/24/2011: Licensed canceled by FCC.
- 11/2010: Kalamazoo Broadcasting (aka Kuiper Broadcasting), owner of WKPR AM 1420 Kalamazoo, is paying $80,000 to Langford Broadcasting as part of an agreement that would take WDOW off the air permanently and have WKPR move to AM 1440 and increase power.
- 3/2008: Construction permit granted to change daytime power from 1,000 to 2,300 watts.
- 3/2007: Announced that Larry Langford, Jr. is purchasing WDOW AM 1440 Dowagiac from LeSea Broadcasting for $90,001. Sale is approved by the FCC in May.
- 12/2004: Station sold by Jason Communications to LeSea Broadcasting along with sister station WDOW-FM 92.1 for $950,000.
- 2001: Format is Sports with Fox Sports Radio
- 3/2000: New format is News/Talk
- 3/2000: Country format dropped for simulcast of FM.
- 5/1999: Sold by VanHawke Communications to Jason Communications for $680,000 along with FM 92.1
Old logo gallery: