WHFB AM 1060 Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
Slogan/Positioner: WHFB AM 1060; Southwest Michigan's Great Radio
Format: Full Service
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.whfbradio.com
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 5,000 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Critical Hours Power / # of Towers: 2,500 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 1 watt / 1, omnidirectional
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: October 23, 1963
Owner: Gerard Media, LLC
Office Telephone: (269) 934-5137
- by 1/2015: Format is Full Service with News/Talk and Middle-of-the-Road music progrmaming.
- by 1/2014: WHFB is operating independently of WIMS, format is primarily Middle-of-the-Road music.
- by 10/2013: Station has resumed programming, simulcasting News/Talk WIMS AM 1420 Michigan City, IN.
- 6/2013: WHFB AM 1060 is sold from WHFB Broadcast Associates to Gerard Media, LLC, separating ownership of WHFB 1060 and then sister station WHFB-FM 99.9 which is sold to a different company.
- 8/2012: Station goes silent.
- 3/2000: Format switch from CNN Headline News to Talk
- 5/1999: Westwood One changes format of 70's Oldies service to Groovin' Oldies; station drops format in favor of CNN Headline News
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: