Developed in 1997, this site was created out of frustration with national radio/television directories that were either not updated in a timely manner or just flat out inaccurate. My goal is to build and maintain the most comprehensive and up-to-date directory of Michigan broadcast radio and television stations anywhere. Michiguide.com also includes news updates, a history section, and more. Much of the success of Michiguide.com is directly because of the contributions of people like you that share an interest in radio and television broadcasting. For Michiguide.com to continue to grow and improve, your input is needed! Know of a station web site that isn't listed here? Maybe some interesting station history? Know of an error that needs corrected? Please fill out the e-mail contact form and send your information along. Keep in mind that Michiguide.com is produced by a staff of 1- sometimes responses may be delayed simply because of the quantity of mail this site receives on a daily basis.
Disclaimer(s): Michiguide.com does not represent any of the radio and television stations listed or mentioned on any the various pages found on this site. Any items not directly associated with an official representative of the station/owner are to be considered second-hand knowledge (read "taken with a grain of salt"). Also, if you have an issue or question for a particular station, please contact that station directly as Michiguide.com does not / can not represent any of the individual stations listed on this site and will not respond to most misdirected inquiries.
Also, Michiguide.com does not host, administer, or provide content to any message boards. All external site links are provided only for the convenience of visitors to Michiguide.com.
Notes on format/display of Michiguide.com: The Michiguide.com layout uses a lot of tables- everything should look fine if your using one of the lastest browsers from either Microsoft or Mozilla/Firefox. If the tables on this site do not align correctly, try decreasing your browser's font size. Michiguide.com has been designed for screen resolutions of 800x600 or 1024x768 with small fonts. While functional in other resolutions, your results will vary. All bets are off for users of WebTV.
Please read this user agreement before using this service. By continuing to use Michiguide.com, you agree to abide by the conditions of this agreement:
MICHIGUIDE.COM USER AGREEMENT, © Michiguide.com, All Rights Reserved.
1. Welcome to Michiguide.com. By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement. The Service is currently free to all Users. Michiguide.com ("We"), reserve the right to charge for this Service in the future, however, in such event, we will notify you in advance, and give you an opportunity to subscribe to this Service. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time. By continuing to use this Service after the posting of Notices regarding such changes, you agree to be bound by such changes.
2. You represent that you have read and agree to abide by all posted guidelines on Michiguide.com.
3. Persons of all ages may use this Service, however, you will be responsible for all charges incurred, if any, including payment for any goods or services, and all statements or materials, including liability for harm caused by such statements or materials, while your account is being used. You may not transfer, sell, or otherwise assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
4. This Service (including, but not limited to text, content, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, Content and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service.
5. (a) You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create
derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except that you may download material from this
Service for your own personal, non-commercial use as follows: you may make one machine readable copy and/or one print copy
that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not distribute any part of this Service over any network, including a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database.
(b) Michiguide.com has been specially designed for presentation of content in a unique format and appearance to our users. We are concerned about the integrity of our Service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party which includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Service. Without limiting the provisions of 5(a), neither you nor any third party should make use of the contents of the Service in any manner that interferes with format and appearance of the Service as we have designed it.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Michiguide.com, its directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement or other posted guidelines, or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
7. This Service is available "as is." We do not warrant that this Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the news, information or other materials available through this Service. We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to or from this Service. We do not make any warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Service or any information or goods that are available or advertised or sold through this Service. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed in this Service or available though links in this Service. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in this Service. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, "Trojan horses" or other destructive materials to this Service, we do not guarantee or warrant that this Service or materials that may be downloaded from this Service do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on this Service and any materials available through this Service, you do so solely at your own risk.
8. External sites are not endorsed by Michiguide.com, enter and use them at your own discretion. These links are provided simply as a convience to the User.
9. Michiguide.com, its officers, directors, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, or licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to this Service or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in this Service (including without limitation as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of this Agreement). Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of this Service.
10. This Agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason at any time. Sections three (3) and six (6) through nine (9) of this Agreement shall survive such termination. You may cancel your membership by sending us an e-mail or notice via regular mail.
11. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the state of Michigan.
BY CONTINUING TO USE MICHIGUIDE.COM, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Michiguide.com does not collect personally identifying information about individuals, except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. Michiguide.com uses advertising provided through Google which in turn provides interest-based advertising based on your web usage.
For each visitor to Michiguide.com, our web servers may automatically collect information about which pages are visited and the domain name (e.g., earthlink.com) of visitors. This information may be used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits. We may also provide this information (as well as information from third-party market researchers) about our users on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our advertisers.
Michiguide.com may place a "cookie" on the browser of a user's computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information. A cookie can be used to tell when your computer has contacted a web site; we may use the information for editorial purposes and for other purposes such as delivery of ads, so we can customize delivery of information without compromising privacy. For example, cookies may be used to ensure that you don't see the same ad too many times in a single session.
A user's personally identifiable information (e.g., name, e-mail address) may be used by Michiguide.com for editorial purposes. We do not control the privacy policies of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks. Michiguide.com users should also be aware that, when you voluntarily disclose personal information in chat areas or bulletin boards, that information may be collected by others and may result in unsolicited messages from others.
Kids: Be sure to ask your parents for permission before you send any information about yourself -- like your name, address, or e-mail address -- over the Internet, to us or to anyone else and before making any purchases online.
Parents: We encourage you to get involved with your children's online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
Technology on the Internet is developing at a rapid pace, and we need to maintain our flexibility in the online arena.
If we need to change our policy in the future, we will post these changes as soon as they go into effect.