This Thursday, January 26th at 6am until Friday, January 27th, at 10am, 94.7 WCSX's Classic Rock Morning Show hosts Jim Johnson and Lynne Woodison (JJ & Lynne) will take over the station's airwaves for the 15th Annual WCSX Radiothon. For 28 consecutive hours, JJ & Lynne will broadcast live from the center court at Oakland Mall in Troy to raise money and awareness for the Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan (CLF). This long running fundraiser has to date raised over raised $2,500,000 for the Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan.
Listeners will have a chance to bid on a large array of items during the on-air auction and onsite at a special silent auction including:
* Lunch with Chris Chelios
* OverEasy backyard concert and broadcast with JB Davies and The Milroys
* Tickets to the Sports Illustrated Super Bowl Party
* Tickets to the Playboy Super Bowl Party
…and much more!
CLF of Michigan is a statewide organization that provides information, financial assistance and support for adults and children affected by leukemia, lymphoma, and other related blood disorders. The WCSX Radiothon is one of the major sources of revenue for the foundation.
Combining a unique blend of acoustic Classic Rock and releases from emerging area musicians, 94.7 WCSX's OverEasy has been a Motor City weekend radio staple for over 15 years. Continuing the commitment to local music, 94.7 WCSX will now present The OverEasy Podcasts, 30 minute “music shows” focusing on the many talented independent musicians living and working in and around Michigan whose music captures the spirit of the OverEasy program. OverEasy Podcasts will be free for music fans to download via the WCSX web site at www.wcsx.com. Right now, WCSX is accepting submissions of music by independent artists who own their material. Complete details on the submission requirements can be found online at www.wcsx.com/overeasy.
The 94.7 WCSX OverEasy Podcasts will be posted and available for download approximately twice a month. Artists who have been selected for inclusion will be notified via email.
Home improvement guru Glenn Haege has announced another great reason for homeowners to visit The Ultimate Home Show at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center in February, free trips to exotic Mazatlan, Mexito during the “Great Escape Giveaway” promotion. America's Master Handyman continues his tradition of hosting quality intimate home shows at no cost to area homeowners where they can visit with home improvement experts as they discuss hundreds of money-saving products and services.
Both parking and admission for The Ultimate Home Show are free. Show times will be:
• Friday, February 10th from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Saturday, February 11th from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
• Sunday, February 12th from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This annual show attracts Glenn Haege fans from all over Michigan and northeast Ohio who come to visit Glenn, listen to his live nationwide broadcast and to get FREE expert advice from him and the show's exhibitors. Over 50 exhibitors will be on site to answer home improvement questions, ranging from cabinets, to heating and cooling, to roofing and it is all free. For more information about the show visit www.wdfn.com or call (248) 324-2017.
Show Special Events – February 10 - 12, 2006:
* Glenn Haege Live! – Glenn will be broadcasting from the show live on WDFN 1130-AM from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon on Saturday and Sunday.
* “Great Escape Giveaway” – Show attendees can win an exotic seven-day trip to Mazatlan, Mexico plus other fabulous prizes such as gift certificates for Lucido Fine Jewelry. Entry forms are available in the January/February issue of Spree Magazine, the February issue of Save-On Everything and advertisements in the Detroit News and Oakland Press. Drawings will be held at The Ultimate Home Show on Saturday, February 11th and Sunday, February 12th at 2:00 p.m. both days. All Entry Forms must be placed in the drawing bin by 1:55 p.m. on both days. Visit www.wdfn.com for complete details and rules.
* Free Antique Appraisals - Knightsbridge Antique Mall will offer free appraisals for all attendees on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
* Free Scrap booking Demonstrations – The Scrapbook Zone from Farmington Hills will offer free scrap booking demonstrations for all attendees on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
* Free Prizes – Show attendees can also participate in enter-to-win contests during the entire show at WDFN's Promotions Booth located inside the exhibit area. Exhibitors and sponsors are donating free prizes all weekend long.
Detroit music scene-ster and former WDET-FM (101.9) personality Martin Bandyke will be back on the radio hereabouts regularly and soon, the Free Press has learned. What station? Expect word next week and a show launch the week after... Bandyke plans airwaves return (Sat 1/21)
If you have cable TV, like two-thirds of the country, you likely get a bundle of 50 or more stations, of which, research shows, a typical household will watch only 17 with any regularity. So why do you have to pay for the rest? Congress, with apparently nothing more important to do after screwing up Medicare and yelling at baseball players for using steroids, is looking into this. Don't be surprised if, like so many things in which Washington meddles, cable ends up costing you more for less as a result... Channel Changers (Sun 1/22)
Ex-WDET's Martin Bandyke Joins WQKL For Mornings: CLEAR CHANNEL AAA WQKL/ANN ARBOR hires MARTIN BANDYKE for mornings, effective JANUARY 30th. BANDYKE spent 22 years at Noncomm AAA WDET/DETROIT, which recently flipped to News/Talk. WQKL GM BOB BOLAK said, "We started to talk with MARTIN several years ago when he was at WDET. MARTIN has a reputation in this region, and in the music industry, as a foremost music expert. A key attribute to the Adult Alternative radio format are hosts that are musicologists and can share new music and new artists with our listeners. When MARTIN became available several weeks ago, we moved as swiftly as possible to get him back on the airwaves." (Mon 1/23)
Dom Gets CC RVPP Stripes: ALL ACCESS hears that CLEAR CHANNEL/DETROIT OM and Top 40 WKQI (CHANNEL 955)/DETROIT PD DOM THEODORE has been promoted to Regional VP/Programming. He will retain his CC/DETROIT OM and WKQI PD duties. (Mon 1/23)
Following up on Friday's United Stations/Mort Crim story, we heard separately from Crim and Lifestyle TalkRadio EVP Jeff Weber. Weber wrote: "Our company owns the features names 'Second Thoughts,' 'American Spirit' and 'News You Care About.' We have every intention of maintaining these segments and in fact continue to syndicate them across the country. Veteran radio personality David Weiss, Mort's permanent substitute host, will now voice the features ... From Mort Crim to his affiliates: "You have been loyal to me and my programming over the years, and I trust you'll want to air my new programs. "I recently exercised my option to terminate my relationship with LifeStyle TalkRadio Network. In response, LifeStyle stopped distributing my programs and started offering cloned versions in which I had no involvement. "You were then threatened by the Lifestyle TalkRadio Network that your station could be
in a “potentially dangerous legal position” by airing my new features. THIS IS NOT THE CASE and here's why... It's Crim Vs. Weber In "Title Match" (Mon 1/23)