* The FCC has granted Best Media, owner of FM translator W206BI FM 89.1 Hamtramck, its license renewal and simultaneously issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture in the amount of $7000 for failure to renew the station's license on time and for operating without a license for over a year. FCC memorandum opinion and order (.pdf)
* WHTS FM 105.3 has been granted its license to cover that changes the station's community of license from Hart to Coopersville and changes the location of the station's transmitter closer to Grand Rapids. The station relaunched with a Contemporary Hits format from its new facility several weeks ago.
* Horizon Christian Fellowship reaches a deal to acquire FM translators W219DA 91.7 Paw Paw (was W273AR 102.5) and W254BL 98.7 Manistee (was W253AR 98.5) from Edgewater Broadcasting for $7,433 each, pending FCC approval and closing. The sale application states that Horizon plans to air programming from its Religious WSRD FM 91.9 St. Joseph, MO on these translators. In addition, Horizon owns a construction permit for WTNP 91.9 Richland.
* Victor Broadcasting is selling its Upper Peninsula combo of Hot Adult Contemporary WKMJ FM 93.5 and Talk WMPL AM 920 to Bay Broadcasting for $775,000 pending FCC approvals and closing. Victor acquired the Hancock-based stations in 2001.
* The FCC has granted Barrington Broadcasting request for continuing satellite authorization to permit WTOM-TV, Cheboygan, Michigan, to continue operating as a satellite of WPBN-TV, Traverse City, Michigan. Text of FCC decision (pdf)
* Talk WMKT AM 1270 Charlevoix has been granted its license to cover for changes (daytime power from 5,000 watts to 27,000 watts).
* P&P Cable Holdings LLC has agreed to sell low-power TV station WUHQ-LP TV 29 Grand Rapids to Marquette Broadcasting, a subsidiary of Equity Broadcasting, for $350,000 pending FCC approvals and closing. In Michigan, Equity owns FOX network affiliate WMQF TV 19 in Marquette and Univision affiliate WUDT-CA 23 (also a low-power TV station) in Detroit.
* David & Melvin Winters (operating under a number of different company names) will be selling 7 radio stations on the Michigan/Wisconsin border for $8.5 million to Armada Media pending FCC approvals and closing.
The stations being sold include: Hot Adult Contemporary WIMI FM 99.7 and Country WJMS AM 590 (Ironwood area); Adult Standards WAGN AM 1340, Country WHYB FM 103.7, Sports WMAM AM 570, Hot Adult Contemporary WLST FM 95.1, and Oldies WSFQ FM 96.3 (Menominee, MI / Marinette, WI).
Venerable station changing hands (Ironwood Daily Globe, 6/14)
* Edgewater Broadcasting is purchasing the construction permit for WKHN FM 88.1 Hubbard Lake from Great Lakes Community Broadcasting for $35,000 pending FCC approval and closing.