* Edgewater Broadcasting has agreed to acquire WAQQ FM 88.3 Onsted, the construction permit for WJCQ FM 89.7 Jackson, and an FM translator at FM 88.9 Adrian (W205BZ) from Great Lakes Community Broadcasting for $80,000.
This is the third agreement between Edgewater and GLCB- in May 2006, Edgewater agreed to purchase the construction permit for WKHN FM 88.1 Hubbard Lake for $35,000. In April 2006, Edgewater agreed to buy the construction permit for FM 89.7 Lake Odessa for $25,000 plus FM translator W206AZ 89.1 Fremont for $11,000 from Great Lakes Community Broadcasting. As part of the April deal, the construction permit for FM translator W262AW St. Johns will move from Edgewater to GLCB.
* On the air: new Contemporary Christian Smile FM stations WKKM FM 88.5 Rust Twp/Alpena and WJOG FM 91.3 Good Hart/Petoskey. Programming is based out of WLGH FM 88.1 Lansing.
* Horizon Christian Fellowship is acquiring the construction permit for FM translator W295AK 106.9 Three Rivers from Radio Assist Ministry for $6356.00 pending FCC approval and closing. Also, Horizon is acquiring the construction permits for FM translators K237DB 95.3 Hudsonville and W279BG 103.7 Battle Creek from Edgewater Broadcasting for $7433.00 each pending FCC approval and closing. Horizon Christian Fellowship owns the construction permit for WTNP FM 91.9 Richland and announced in June it was acquiring two other translator construction permits from Edgewater in Paw Paw and Manistee.
* Approved: the sale of Lansing area stations Adult Urban WXLA AM 1180 and Urban WQHH FM 96.5 from Mid-Michigan FM to MacDonald Broadcasting. The $3.65 million sale was announced in May.
* Talk WMKT AM 1270 Charlevoix has applied to increase its daytime power from 27,000 to 50,000 watts. The station recently completed an upgrade in its daytime signal, boosting from 5,000 to the current 27,000 watts.
* Contemporary Christian WTRK FM 89.1 Bay City has applied to modify its construction permit to increase the ERP from 25,000 watts @ 370 feet to 50,000 watts @ 370 feet (vertical polarization). Both patterns are directional. WTRK currently is licensed for 2,000 watts @ 328 feet but has been operating at reduced ERP for some time.