• WJLB-FM 97.9 Detroit was issued a notice of apparent liability in the amount of $4,000 by the FCC for public file violations. FCC memorandum opinion and order (.pdf)
• An application opposing the license renewal of WXYZ-TV Channel 7 Detroit was denied by the FCC. The application was filed based on televised reports by Channel 7 reporter Steve Wilson about the City of Warren government. FCC document (.pdf)
• Classic Rock WGFM-FM 105.1 Cheboygan filed an application to make some notable changes to its transmission facilities: If approved the station would change its effective radiated power from 100,000 watts @ 610 feet to 43,000 watts @ 968 feet. The station's transmitter would relocate from central Cheboygan county to the southeast part of Charlevoix county, effectively shifting the station's coverage area south and west.
• WDCP-TV 19 University Center/Bay City decreased the power of its analog facilities from 1,100,000 watts to 33,000 watts with special temporary authority from the FCC.
• Licenses were granted to the following new FM translators: W286AU 105.1 Allegan (owned by Horizon Christian Fellowship).
• WLLA-TV Ch. 64 was granted its license to cover for its digital facilities. It began broadcasting digitally earlier this year.
• WHTO-FM 106.7 Iron Mountain was granted its license to cover to increase its effective radiated power from 1,700 watts @ 623 feet (Class A) to 6,100 watts @ 676 feet, directional (Class C3).