The Beatles and cruising music are on AM 580 this Saturday
Oldies CKWW AM 580 will present “The Beatles Story”, a comprehensive look at the life of the world’s greatest rock band, an insightful twelve-part radio documentary that was produced in the early seventies by CHUM radio’s Doug Thompson and hosted by the late Chuck Reilly. From the very earliest pre-Beatles moments to the ultimate break-up you’ll hear the stories as told by the Fab Four themselves. It airs every Saturday from 10-11 AM for the next twelve weeks on AM 580, Motor City Favorites.
This Saturday AM 580 is the place to hear the real cruisin’ Oldies on AM where they belong. Hear the songs you cruised to back in the day. AM 580 begins the big Motor City Cruise Day with The Beatles Story at 10 AM, then revs up the 50’s and 60’s hits all day long.
WCSX Is Cruisin’ Woodward
Classic Rock WCSX-FM will be bhitting the streets with live updates from Woodward on Friday & Saturday. The station invites listeners to stop by and see them any of these locations:
Friday August 17th
* 2pm-6pm: Join Ken Calvert at Eaton Performance Park located in the baseball complex at Memorial Park at Woodward & 13 Mile in Royal Oak. See the '68 Stone Souper Charger & buy raffle tickets & t-shirts, all benefiting Focus:HOPE.
*6pm-10pm: See Steve Kostan at the Firestone Auto Service Center on Coolidge and Woodward for live cruise updates.
Saturday August 18th
* 8am-10am: Join KT at the Takata Safety Exhibit on Woodward just North of 13 Mile at Village Chrysler Jeep. We'll serve free breakfast burritos, juice & water to the first hundred people at the party.
* 10am-2pm: Paul Buck and Focus:HOPE will be at Eaton Performance Park on 13 Mile and Woodward with live updates and your chance to buy Stone Souper Charger raffle tickets & t-shirts.
* 12pm-2pm: JJ & Lynne along with the Stone Souper Charger will be at Firestone at Woodward and Coolidge. See the car, meet JJ & Lynne and purchase raffle tickets and t-shirts benefiting Focus:HOPE.
* 2pm-6pm: Steve Kostan takes over with live updates from Firestone, plus from 3-4pm you can meet IndyCar driver Dan Wheldon for autographs. Also, Ken Calvert and the WCSX Classic Rock Cruisers will be at Art Van on Woodward in Royal Oak.