• The FCC approved the sale of Clear Channel's Ann Arbor (country WWWW-FM 102.9, adult alternative WQKL-FM 107.1, sports WTKA AM 1050, talk WLBY AM 1290) and Battle Creek (talk WBCK-FM 95.3, soft rock WBXX-FM 104.9, talk WBCK AM 930, silent WBFN AM 1400) clusters to Cumulus Broadcasting. Simultaneously, the Commission approved the transfer of WBFN to Family Life Broadcasting and the transfer of WBCK AM into the Stratus Radio LLC trust. The complicated transaction was first announced in December 2006.
• Taylor University of Fort Wayne, IN is acquiring WCVM-FM 94.7 Bronson from CSN International for $600,000 pending FCC approvals and closing. Taylor operates contemporary Christian WBCL FM 90.3 Fort Wayne along with several other satellite and translator stations that rebroadcast WBCL.
• Young Broadcasting/WLNS-TV 6 Lansing was issued a $4,000 Notice of Apparent Liablity for admitted public file violations. Click here to download FCC document (.pdf).
• Country WMKC-FM 102.9 was granted a construction permit to change its community of license from St. Ignace to Indian River. The application does not contain any request to change the station's technical facilities.
• The sale of the radio stations owned by Family Educational Broadcasting Corp. of Door County Wisconsin to Bethesda Christian Broadcasting was approved by the FCC. The Michigan stations involved include W244AW 96.7 Iron Mountain, W254AG 98.7 Escanaba, W260AG 99.9 Ishpeming, W294AI 106.1 Marquette and W286BC 105.1 Marquette along with primary stations WRGX-FM 88.5 and contemporary Christian WPFF-FM 90.5, both licensed to Sturgeon Bay, WI.