• Swick Broadcasting is acquiring the 5 stations owned by Lake Cities Broadcasting for $3.8 million pending FCC approval and closing. The two Michigan stations involved are Oldies WMSH FM 99.3 and Sports WMSH AM 1230 Sturgis along with Country WTHD FM 105.5 LaGrange, IN, Pop WLKI FM 100.3 Angola, IN, and Country WLZZ FM 104.5 Montpelier, OH.
• WBUP TV 10 Ishpeming/Marquette received a construction permit for its digital facilities. The ABC affiliate will continue to broadcast on Channel 10 once the transition to digital television broadcasting occurs in February, 2009. According the contour plots on the FCC web site for this construction permit, the station's coverage area will not be increasing.
• The FCC approved the voluntary transfer of license for Classic Country WBMI FM 105.5 West Branch to Peggy R. Warner from Independent Television Productions of Michigan. The transaction closed about a week later.
• WMUP FM 99.9 Carney (Starboard Media Foundation) was granted its license. Programming on this station has not been confirmed by Michiguide.com to date.
• Sovereign City Radio Services is acquiring the construction permits for AM 1490 Houghton and AM 1490 Ironwood pending FCC approval and closing from Advance Acquisition (Starboard Media) as part of a larger agreement between the two organizations.