• Classic rock WWKR FM 94.1 Hart was granted its license to cover for changes to its broadcast location (from Mason county southeast of Ludington to Oceana county east of Hart) with a change in effective radiated power from 13,000 watts @ 463 feet to 5,000 watts @ 682 feet.
Sales and Transactions: February 2008 Archives
• Smooth jazz WJZL FM 92.9 Grand Ledge/Lansing was granted its license to cover for changes to its broadcast location (now broadcasts from downtown Lansing) with a change in effective radiated power from 1,500 watts @ 466 feet to 5,400 watts @ 344 feet.
• A License was granted to the following new LPTV station: W11CZ Escanaba (owned by John R. Powley)
• The FCC granted the transfer of control for WHRY AM 1450 Hurley, WI and WUPM FM 106.9 Ironwood, MI from Charles H. Gervasio, Rochelle M. Gervasio, James J. Gervasio, John C. Gervasio, Judy Gervasio, and Norma T. Rigoni to Gerald J. Hackman and John J. Nix. Sale price was $1.25 million. A request to deny the transfer was denied.
• Religious KTGG AM 1540 Spring Arbor has applied to change its community of license to Okemos and move its transmitter from Jackson county to Ingham county in the city of Lansing near the intersection of I-496 and US-127.
• John R. Powley agreed to sell a number of LPTV stations across the US to Hispanic Christian Community Network, Inc. for $500,000, pending FCC approvals and closing. The sale includes W11CZ (Ch. 11) Escanaba and construction permits W05CR (Ch. 5) Escanaba and W26DG (Ch. 26) St. Ignace.
• FM translator W215BR 90.9 Ironwood (WJRF 89.5 Duluth, MN) was granted a construction permit to change frequency to 91.3 as W217BV.
• FM translator W211CA 90.1 Paw Paw was granted a license to cover for a frequency change from 100.3.
• Radio Assist Ministry is transferring FM translator W285DY 104.9 Ludington to Craig Bowman for no financial consideration pending FCC approvals and closing. Bowman intends on rebroadcasting soft rock WMLQ FM 97.7 Manistee on the translator.
• Krol Communications is acquiring Full Service/Country WMLM AM 1520 Alma/St. Louis from Siefker Broadcasting for $205,000 pending FCC approvals and closing. Krol also owns Hot Adult Contemporary WJSZ-FM 92.5 Ashley.
• Talk WPIQ FM 92.7 Manistique was granted its license to cover for its frequency change from 99.9 FM.
• Taylor University's purchase of WCVM 94.7 Bronson from CSN International was granted. Sale price for the station was $600,000.
• Peggy Warner will become the sole owner of classic country WBMI FM 105.5 West Branch pending FCC approval. Warner is a shareholder in Independent TV Productions of MI (ITP) and had loaned money ITP which was not been repaid. No monetary consideration is exchanging hands.
• Tim Woodson Ministries is acquring the construction permit for WXPZ FM 90.1 Clyde Twp (Allegan county) for $50,000 from Larlen Communications pending FCC approval and closing.
• Children's WDSS AM 1680 Ada/Grand Rapids has been granted its license after operating since 1998 with special temporary authority from the FCC. The station is the expanded band counterpart of what was until recently WMHG AM 1600 Muskegon which went silent at the beginning of 2008. The FCC notes the approval of a settlement agreement between Clear Channel, Cumulus, Connoisseur Communications of Muskegon, and Goodrich Radio in the license grant.
Goodrich Radio was the licensee of AM 1600 Muskegon and received the construction permit for the expanded band AM 1680. As stipulated in the grant of an expanded band station, the license for the original station was to be turned in once the expanded station became licensed. In 1999 however, Goodrich sold AM 1600 to Connoisseur which was later acquired by Cumulus. When Cumulus sold its four of its Muskegon stations to Clear Channel in 2001, AM 1600 remained under Cumulus ownership as owning AM 1600 would have put Clear Channel over ownership limits. Cumulus and Clear Channel then entered into a Local Marketing Agreement for WMHG which was in effect until the station was silenced.