• CSN International is selling the construction permit for WJCE FM 88.9 Elkton along with translators W247AM 97.3 Kalamazoo and W274AQ 102.7 Battle Creek to Calvary Radio Network as part of a larger national transaction worth $1.8 million pending FCC approvals. Also involved in the sale is WQKO 91.9 Howe, IN, the primary station for the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek translators.
Sales and Transactions: October 2008 Archives
• WAYG FM 89.9 Grand Rapids was granted a new construction permit to operate at 6,000 watts @ 243 feet and move to 89.7 FM; a prior construction permit was canceled. The increased power and frequency change should provide better coverage of the station to the west in areas like Jenison and Allendale and provide some coverage into eastern Muskegon and Ottawa counties for the first time. The station's coverage to the west on 89.9 is limited by co-channel station WTHS 89.9 Holland.
• Smile FM's Marquette station, WKPK FM 88.3, was granted a modification to its construction permit to lower its antenna height from 866 to 827 feet to avoid other antennas on the tower. Also in July, WKPK is granted its license and begins operations as part of Smile FM contemporary Christian network.
• Community Radio Inc was granted a construction permit for a new non-commercial FM station to be licensed to Elkton at 90.9. The station would operate with 2,300 watts @ 174 feet with a directional signal that would cover the northwest tip of the thumb in Huron county.
• A proposal was filed to change a vacant FM allotment at Custer from 100.5 to 93.3 to eliminate a short-spacing with the facilities proposed in an application to upgrade the facilities of WCUZ FM at Bear Lake from FM 100.1 to 100.7. FCC Notice Of Proposed Rule Making (.pdf)
• The Muskegon Training & Educational Center was issued a $250 forfeiture (reduced from $1500) for failing to file a timely license renewal application for LPFM station WMMT-LP 106.1 Muskegon. FCC Forfeiture Order (.pdf)
• No notable entries for July 24th, 28th, and 29th.