FSN’s "April in the D" celebrates Detroit sports passion
In April, regional sports network FSN Detroit celebrates the Sports component of “The D” with an
unmatched month of coverage, upwards of 40 games among the Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings –
offered up by FSN’s various programming platforms (FSN Detroit, FSN Plus and FSN HD). Here’s
a sample of what FSN Detroit’s April in the D delivers:
• 24 Tigers games (13 in HD) including key divisional matchups against the Indians, White Sox and Twins along with contests against perennial favorites Yankees, Angels and the defending World Champion Red Sox.
• After the Red Wings wrap up another stellar regular season, April in the D delivers the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs with FSN carrying the majority of games during the first two rounds of the team’s quest for the Cup.
• Speaking of championship aspirations, April also brings the start of the NBA Playoffs. The Pistons play five times on FSN to wrap up the regular season, then on to postseason play as they look to bring another championship parade to The D.
Besides the award-winning game action, April in the D on FSN keeps fans informed about all the teams with exclusive pre- and post-game shows on Tigers Live, Red Wings Live and Pistons Live, providing local sports access, before and after the games.
• Further encouraging regional tourism and growth of The D brand, April in the D programming will include interviews with several influential and notable Detroiters representing the brand’s five core marketing areas: Cars, Culture, Gaming, Music and Sports.
• FSN Detroit is also executing a full scale marketing campaign that will be seen on the network via on-air promos, in-game drop-ins and special mentions during all of the pre- and post-game shows. April in the D promos also will air on several other networks delivered into homes by cable and satellite providers. And, a dedicated web page – AprilintheD.com – supplies fans with a sweepstakes, program schedule and promotional video. Off-channel marketing efforts will include radio spots, internet presence, outdoor billboards and in-stadium/arena signage.
• On board as presenting sponsors of April in the D are Saturn and Metro PCS.
“FSN Detroit is proud to present April in the D, delivering the Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons nearly every day, while showcasing the city and its great sports fans,” said Greg Hammaren, Senior Vice President/General Manager, FSN Detroit. “If you’re a sports fan, there’s nothing like the hope and promise of a new baseball season and the daily drama of the playoffs. Combined with the welcome arrival of spring weather, it’s a great time to celebrate and embrace everything connected with the sheer joy of April in the D.”
“There's no better way to jump-start spring in Detroit – the Best Sports City in America – than during FSN Detroit's April in the D celebration,'” says Larry Alexander, President & CEO, Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau. “Sports are an integral part of Detroit’s identity, and we invite sports fans to catch a game in The D and check out our region's hot culture, revitalized riverfront, new restaurants, hotels, attractions and entertainment. April in the D is a great reason to come together, cheer for our teams and support our hometown.”