WXYZ-TV broadcast home of the 2008 Detroit Indy Grand Prix
WXYZ-TV/Channel 7, the official television partner of the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, will provide metro-Detroit viewers with comprehensive coverage of all the racing activities on both Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend. WXYZ-TV's coverage plans include six live special programs produced by the Action News
and Sports departments. WXYZ-TV will provide comprehensive coverage of the weekend's events culminating in the Detroit Grand Prix racing on Sunday afternoon, August 31st. All of Channel 7's programming specials and news coverage will be presented in high definition.
Highlights of WXYZ's Grand Prix-related programming is scheduled to include:
* Countdown to the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix: Primetime Edition -
Wednesday August 27th, 8:00 - 9:00pm: Live from WXYZ-TV's set located on Belle Isle, Action News Sports Director Don Shane will provide a comprehensive look at all the 2008 Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix activities. The program will feature interviews with a variety of drivers, team owners and the individuals that were key to securing the Grand
Prix's return to Detroit.
* Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix: The Green Flag Special - Friday August 29th, 7:00 - 7:30pm: Action News will take you live trackside for a complete summary of Free Prix Day festivities. This action packed half-hour special will include driver and team interviews, highlights from the day's time trials and a look ahead to
Saturday's American LeMans series and Sunday's Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix
races. The show will be hosted by WXYZ-TV Sports Director Don Shane and
Action News anchor Stephen Clark.
* Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix: Start Your Engines - Sunday August 31st, 9:00- 10:30am: WXYZ-TV Action News anchors Stephen Clark and Carolyn Clifford kick-off Grand Prix coverage with a 90-minute live special featuring a comprehensive
look at race day activities with updated weather and traffic information designed for racing fans.
* Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix: Race Day Edition - Sunday August 31st, Noon -1:00pm: Live from the WXYZ-TV Belle Isle set, Action News anchors Diana Lewis and Stephen Clark will provide comprehensive coverage of the Detroit Grand Prix.
The program will include exclusive interviews with drivers and the latest updates from race officials. WXYZ-TV live Race Day Edition will also provide continuing coverage of the latest weather and traffic conditions.
* Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix: Pit Pass Special - Sun. Aug. 31st, 2:00 -
3:30pm: WXYZ-TV's Don Shane will give Grand Prix viewers a trackside view of the
day's big race. The program will include interviews with city and event officials, drivers and racing analysts.
* Firestone Indy Car Grand Prix at Detroit - Sun. Aug. 31st, 3:30 - 6:00pm: Live from Belle Isle, ABC Sports will provide flag to flag coverage of the
2008 Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix.
* Action News Special Edition - Sunday August 31st, 6:00 - 6:30pm: WXYZ-TV Sports Director Don Shane will report live from the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix Winners Circle, providing post-race analysis, live interviews, and the highlights from all the day's Grand Prix race activities.
Big Ten football fans who missed out on games last year because Time Warner Cable didn't carry the fledgling Big Ten Network can now relax. The network and the cable company said late Monday that they've reached an agreement that will enable Time Warner to carry games this fall... Time Warner Cable agrees to carry Big Ten Network (Tue, 8/26)