You can support broadcast education, scholarships and internships in Michigan by placing your bid on a number of entertainment packages up for grabs in the latest Michigan Association of Broadcasters Foundation online auction. Items include:
- Passes to Mojo in the Morning - live: For this package, the highest bidder and seven guests will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch a live radio broadcast of the 95.5 WKQI-FM Detroit "Mojo in the Morning" show. This experience includes a one-hour, in-studio visit with Mojo on a Friday determined by the winner and the show;
- Impression 5 Science Center Private Event: Let your imagination soar at Impression 5 Science Center! The recipient of this package will receive a two-hour, after hours event for up to 500 people at Impression 5 Science Center located in downtown Lansing. Plan a private party, business meeting or just have some fun with your family and friends! Don't forget to visit the On The Air Broadcast exhibit. This event must be planned after normal business hours;
- Detroit Pistons Overnight "Staycation": The lucky high bidder of this package will receive two (2) tickets to the Sunday, April 5, 2009 Pistons vs. Charlotte Bobcats at 6:00pm, a VIP parking pass and an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Woodward Avenue in Birmingham;
- Red Wings Tickets: The highest bidder of this package will receive two (2) tickets to a Detroit Red Wings hockey game of your choice. Tickets are based on availability at time of purchase and specific games/times are not guaranteed.
- Two Grand Hotel Golf For Two packages: The highest bidders will enjoy golf for two at the Grand Hotel's beautiful Jewel Golf Course located on Mackinac Island. The items include 18 holes of golf including cart and horse-drawn carriage transportation between the Grand nine and Woods nine. Packages are good from May 2, 2009 through October 24, 2009. Reservations are encouraged and may be made directly to the course.
To bid, or for more information, visit www.michmab.com/MABF/auction_March_2009.htm.