Metro Detroit: Newsmakers Mar. 6, 2009

|

 

advertisement

Macomb Daily:

Is Fox 2 newsman Charles Pugh preparing to hang up his microphone to enter the wacky world of Detroit politics? Looks like it, but Charles isn't saying anything -- yet. The 37-year-old television and radio personality earlier this week told us he has something in the works but did acknowledge he will be leaving the air, at least on a temporary basis, early next month. "I'll be making an announcement on the air at 4 o'clock on April 5," Pugh said. The self-described Detroit-aholic, who was born in the Motor City and graduated in 1989 from Murray-Wright High School, won't confirm reports that he's going to run for a seat on the Detroit City Council. Yes, the same city council that currently is presided over by Monica Conyers, the council president who once referred to current Detroit Mayor Ken Cockrel as "Shrek." Pugh, the openly gay news reporter who attends numerous charitable events in the city, may be tiring of the daily news grind of carjackings, child killers and standing in the snow for TV weather reports. He also works for WJLB-FM (98.7), as well as reporting for WJBK-TV (Fox 2). In his Myspace profile, Pugh confirms he is "looking forward to my life beyond television and radio. In fact, that life is beginning soon"... Fox 2's Pugh leaving airwaves soon, possibly to seek political office (Fri, 3/6)

 

Loading

 


 

 


 

Home Page | Contact | Station Listings | History | Links

Search | About | Shop | Sitemap | Weather

 

 

Twitter Facebook E-mail Feed

 

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Mike Austerman published on March 6, 2009 8:38 AM.

Metro Detroit: Newsmakers Mar. 5, 2009 was the previous entry in this blog.

Mid-Michigan: Newsmakers Mar. 6, 2009 is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

 

 

 

Archives