• ChristianRadioBroadcasting.org was granted a construction permit for new non-commercial FM station to be licensed to Munising on 89.7. The Class C3 station would operate with 19,000 watts @ 154 feet with a transmitter southeast of Munising in Alger County. ChristianRadioBroadcasting.org now holds two non-commercial construction permits in the U.P.
• The FM translator of WNMU-FM Marquette in Stephenson (W244CM) was granted a construction permit to change frequency from 96.7 to 97.3. The translator had previously moved from 107.3 and is moving again to avoid interference from WDBK-FM, WUPG-FM, and WSFQ-FM.
• Contemporary Christian WSLI FM 90.9 was granted its license to cover to change from 2,900 watts (V) @ 98 feet (Class A) to 11,500 watts (V) @ 239 feet, directional (Class B1). Belding is located northeast of Grand Rapids.
• The FCC approved the transfer (via donation) of analog LPTV station W18BT Ch. 18 Alpena from Trinity Broadcasting to Minority Media Telecommunications.
• The sale of the construction permit for WTCY FM 88.3 Greilickville / Traverse City from the Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools to Baraga Broadcasting was approved by the FCC. Sale price was $10,000 and will likely expand Baraga's network of religious/Catholic stations in northern Michigan.
• Due to technical issues with the station's antenna, adult contemporary WLXT FM 96.3 Petoskey is operating at reduced power (50,000 instead of 100,000 watts) until a replacement antenna can be installed.
• No notable activity for January 12-14 and 18-20.