WXYZ-TV continues Detroit 2020 project with Sept. 27 special on race relations
WXYZ-TV will broadcast "A Conversation for Change," a Detroit 2020 interactive special, on Tuesday, September 27th from 7-8 p.m. The program will tackle a topic that often makes people uncomfortable...race relations. The show will focus on the biggest issues surrounding race in our community and what we can do to break down barriers.
"Our attitude about race relations is one of the biggest obstacles to progress in this region," said WXYZ Vice-President and General Manager Ed Fernandez. "At WXYZ, we believe through open dialogue and frank discussion, we can begin to foster a sense of community that will celebrate the diversity that makes Metro Detroit great."
Channel 7's Stephen Clark and Carolyn Clifford will host this live, one-hour discussion, with reports from Diana Lewis and JoAnne Purtan. Viewers will have the chance to ask questions via email, social media, and live chat. The conversation will include six in-studio guests:
- Leon Drolet, Educational Programs Director, Institute for Humane Studies and Director of Michigan Taxpayers Alliance.
- Maha Freij, Deputy Executive Director & Chief Financial Officer of ACCESS, the Arab Community Center for Economic & Social Services.
- Rochelle Riley, Detroit Free Press columnist.
- Osvaldo "Ozzie" Rivera, activist for social change who has held key positions with Latino Family Services and Madonna University.
- Jordan Wolfe, Director, CommunityNext, an initiative started by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit.
- Tack-Yong Kim, President and Publisher, Michigan Korean Weekly.
CLEAR CHANNEL Urban AC WMXD (MIX 92.3)/DETROIT will host a "Pink Gala" on the eve of the station's 14th Annual WMXD "Sista Strut Walk" FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th at PI BANQUET HALL in SOUTHFIELD, MI. The "Pink Gala" will be an evening of music and celebration with food, dancing and a silent action. PM drive air personality FRANKIE DARCELL will host the actual event on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1st at the DETROIT RIVERWALK RIVARD PLAZA.
Full story: WMXD Celebrates Pink Gala In Detroit (Thu, 9/22)