Grand Rapids Press:
Patti McGettigan, who left WOOD-TV 8 to become news director at WISH-TV in Indianapolis, is out. A native of Dearborn and a graduate of Western Michigan University, who began her career at WWMT-TV (Channel 3) in Kalamazoo, McGettigan spent 14 years at 24-Hour News 8...
Full story: Former WOOD-TV news director who left for WISH-TV in Indianapolis no longer there (Tue, 8/28)
- Sale price for Classic Rock WRSR-FM 103.9 Owosso from a trust set up to meet US government requirements concerning the Citadel/Cumulus merger was $1.15 million. The buyer is Krol Communications.
There are unsubstantiated rumors around that Cumulus may try to keep the Classic Rock format in Flint by putting it on one of its other FMs in the market, with Contemporary Hits WWCK-FM 105.5 being mentioned specifically as a possible landing spot. The Cumulus/Citadel transaction gave the combined company ownership of both WWCK as well as the similarly formatted WIOG-FM 102.5, which covers Flint in addition to the Tri-Cities.
A Northern Michigan traveler was kind enough to provide these updates on both the AM & FM bands
- WHAK AM 960 Rogers City MI is now simulcasting Classic Hits/Oldies WHAK-FM 99.9 'The Wave', having dropped its simulcast of 'Thunder Country', WWTH FM 100.7 Oscoda.
- WMKD FM 105.5 Pickford/Sault Ste. Marie now identifies itself simply as Country 105' having dropped the 'Big Country 105.5' moniker that was in previous use. The station is in the process of being purchased by Sovereign Communications in a deal that was first announced in 2011.
- WNBY FM 93.9 Newberry/Sault Ste. Marie has added lots of '80s music into its music rotation - the station still calls itself 'Oldies 93', but the music has drifted more towards Classic Hits.
- With the recent start up of full-time operations of 'Straits Country' WWSS FM 95.3 Indian River, two translators in the region have moved to other frequencies. 95.1 W236BZ St. Ignace (Catholic // 940 WIDG) is now on 100.7 as W264CF. Also, 95.3 W237DA Boyne City (Classic Hits/Oldies // 92.5 WFDX) is now on 100.5 as W263CD.
Sincere thanks to our tipster for the updated info!