- The FM dial in Northern Michigan underwent some big changes yesterday with multiple stations swapping frequencies/formats and one returning to the air:
* WAVC FM 93.9 Mio has returned to the air with a talk format, simulcasting WYPV FM 94.5 Mackinaw City. The stations identify as 'The Patriot'.
* The WYPV format and calls moved from FM 106.3 Onaway. That frequency is now has the call sign WJZJ and is carrying a soft rock format as Easy 106.3. This station plays the same music as WQEZ FM 95.5 Glen Arbor / Traverse City but with different advertisements and positioning.
* FM 94.5, which was part of the Classic Rock 'The Bear' service also heard on FM 98.1 in the Traverse City area and FM 107.1 in the Cadillac area, had been using the call sign WLJZ through December when it switched to WOEZ, followed by WJZJ on May 1st, and now WYPV.
* Classic Rock 'The Bear' is now heard on FM 97.7 Cheboygan and that station has the currently has the WOEZ call sign.
- In Sarnia, Ontario CHOK AM 1070 and its FM simulcaster on 103.9 has changed its music from Country to a variety of Soft Rock. The station maintains its full-service approach with news, talk, and sports content to go with its music.
TALK MEDIA NETWORK's "FRONTLINES OF FREEDOM" with ARMY Lt. Col. DENNY GILLEM (Ret.) is returning in the GRAND RAPIDS market to its original home, CLEAR CHANNEL Talk WOOD-A-F/GRAND RAPIDS, for SATURDAYS 6-8p (ET), beginning JUNE 1st.
Full story: 'Frontlines Of Freedom' Returns To WOOD (Tue, 5/21)