CHOK AM 1070 Sarnia, ON
Slogan/Positioner: CHOK 103.9 FM & 1070 AM; News-Sports-Information
Format: Full Service
Contact this station through their web site, linked below:
Web site: www.chok.com
HD Radio Status: no
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 10,000 watts / 3 / directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 10,000 watts / 6 / directional
Note: Canadian station, data may not be accurate in American databases
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: July 26, 1946
Owner: Blackburn Radio
Office Telephone: (519) 542-5500
- 5/21/2013: Music format change from Country to Middle-of-the-Road; News/Sports/Information programming remains intact.
- 7/23/2008: FM simulcast added at 103.9 with the sign on of CHOK-1-FM.
- 1/12/2007, 6 am: Format change from Oldies/Full Service "Information Radio 1070 CHOK" to Country as "Country CHOK". CHOK still offers top of the hour local newscasts as well as a one-hour local current affairs talk program 11 AM - Noon weekdays.
- 2005: Noted that station no longer broadcasts in AM stereo.
- 1998: Acquired by Blackburn Radio.
- 1970: Acquired by IWC Communications which later becomes Standard Broadcasting.
- 1947: CHOK-FM 97.5 signs on but later leaves the air (by 1953) following damage from a tornado.
- 7/26/1946: On air, owner is Sarnia Broadcasting.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: