Clear Channel Communications: Michigan radio
Michigan station count: 18, +7 in NW Ohio
Main web site: www.clearchannel.com
E-mail/phone: visit web site
More web sites about Clear Channel:
|92.3||WMXD||Detroit||Adult Urban Contmpry||HD||info|
|WMAX-2||Alt Classics|| |
|98.1||WDFM||Defiance, OH||Hot Adult Contmpry||info|
|100.3||WNIC||Detroit||Hot Adult Contmpry||HD||info|
|WBFX-2||Adult Alternative|| |
|104.5||WSNX||Grand Rapids||Contemporary Hits||HD||info|
|105.7||WSRW||Grand Rapids||Adult Contemporary||info|
- 3/2009: FCC approves transfer of 8 Ann Arbor and Battle Creek stations to Cumulus.
- 1/2008: Local marketing agreement for WMHG AM 1600 expires and the station goes silent.
- 12/2006: Cumulus is acquiring Ann Arbor stations WWWW-FM 102.9, WQKL-FM 107.1, WTKA AM 1050, and WLBY AM 1290 along with Battle Creek stations WBXX-FM 95.3, WRCC-FM 104.9, WBCK AM 930, and WBFN AM 1400 from Clear Channel pending FCC approval and closing. Cumulus will then immediately donate WBFN AM 1400 Battle Creek to Family Life Communications. In exchange Clear Channel is obtaining an FM station in Canton, OH from Cumulus.
- 9/2002: FCC announced that deal to aquire WAAM will be set for a hearing to determine if the move would give Clear Channel too much of the revenue for the Ann Arbor market. Whitehall and Clear Channel walk away from the deal.
- 7/24/2002: License for WHGR-AM 1290 Houghton Lake is officially surrendered to FCC and station is removed from database
- 8/2001: Announced that WAAM-AM 1600 Ann Arbor is being acquired from Whitehall Enterprises for $2,000,000
- 6/19/2001: FCC approves sale of WHGR
- 5/11/2001: Announced that WHGR-AM 1290 Houghton Lake is being acquired from Coltrace Communications for $250,000
- 4/2001: Live webcasting on all Clear Channel stations dropped due to concerns over legal and financial issues
- 1/16/2000: FCC approves acquistion of Muskegon station group
- 9/5/2000: Announced that 4 Muskegon stations (WMUS-FM/AM 106.9/1090, WMRR-FM 101.7, WSHZ-FM 107.9) will be acquired from Cumulus. Cumulus will maintain ownership of WMHG-AM 1600 however Clear Channel will program and operate the station.
- 8/30/2000: Clear Channel / AMFM merger is completed.
- 8/24/2000: Sale of WTRV, WGRD, WLHT, and WNWZ is completed
- 7/18/2000: Merger of AMFM and Clear Channel is approved.
- 6/8/2000: Announced that WNWZ-AM 1410 Grand Rapids will also be sold to Regent Communications.
- 5/4/2000: Announced that 4 Ann Arbor stations (WIQB-FM 102.9, WQKL-FM 107.1, WTKA-AM 1050, WYBN-AM 1290) will be acquired from Cumulus as part of large deal between the two companies.
- 4/30/2000: AdVantage Communications halts operations of WYUR, control goes back to AMFM as simulcast of WNIC
- 3/13/2000: AMFM spins off 3 Grand Rapids FM stations (WTRV 100.5, WGRD 97.9, WLHT 95.7) to Regent Communications in order to meet federal requirements
- 10/4/1999: Announcment is made that Clear Channel will acquire AMFM
- 9/30/1999: WSNX FM 104.5 is acquired from Goodrich radio for $10 million
- 1999: Jacor officially joins Clear Channel with approval by FCC
- 7/1999: Chancellor Media becomes AMFM Inc
- 3/1999: Capstar officially joins Chancellor Media with approval by FCC
- 8/1998: Announcement of Chancellor / Capstar merger