Thunder Bay / Lake Superior Community Broadcasting: Michigan television
Michigan station count: 3
More web sites about Lake Superior Community Broadcasting:
- 7/1/2007: WBKP-TV 5 Calumet switches affiliation to CW from ABC, ending simulcast with WBUP-TV.
- 1/2004: FCC approves sale of WBKP-TV 5 and WBUP-TV 10 from Scanlan to Lake Superior Community Broadcasting
- 8/2003: Channel 28 Marquette is silent
- 7/2003: Announced that WBKP-TV 5 Calumet and WBUP-TV 10 Ishpeming have been sold by Scanlan Communications to Lake Superior Community Broadcasting (also operates as Thunder Bay Broadcasting, owner of WBKB-TV 11 Alpena, pending FCC approval.
- 9/5/2001: Marquette studios come on line for future WBUP and for current WBKP. WBKP switches to satellite operation.
- 2/4/2000: FCC grants permission for Scanlan to operate both TV 5 and a new station on channel 10 in Ishpeming. Construction permit is granted for the new station.
- 8/1/1997: Channel 28 in Marquette on the air operating with special temporary authority from the FCC.
- 1996: Scanlan Broadcasting brings WBKP-TV 5 Calumet on-air