WAGN AM 1340 Menominee
Slogan/Positioner: Hometown Radio; The Bay Area's News Source
Web site: baycitiesradio.net/wagn/
E-Mail: visit web site
Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 1 / omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WAGN from Wikipedia
- WAGN from RadioTime.com
- WAGN on Facebook (no page found)
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date:
Telephone: (906) 863-5551
- 1/5/2009: Music is dropped and station becomes full-time news-talk outlet.
- 12/2008: Oldies programming begins simulcast on sister station WHYB FM 103.7.
- 4/2007: Music programming changes from Adult Standards to Oldies
- 9/2006: FCC approves sale of stations to Armada Media
- 6/2006: David & Melvin Winters (operating under a number of different company names including Triple Crown and Quicksilver) will be selling 7 radio stations on the Michigan/Wisconsin border for $8.5 million to Armada Media pending FCC approvals and closing. The stations being sold include: Hot Adult Contemporary WIMI FM 99.7 and Country WJMS AM 590 (Ironwood area); Adult Standards WAGN AM 1340, Country WHYB FM 103.7, Sports WMAM AM 570, Hot Adult Contemporary WLST FM 95.1, and Oldies WSFQ FM 96.3 (Menominee, MI / Marinette, WI).
- 7/1999: Format change from Oldies/Talk to satellite fed Nostalgia (Westwood One)
Center of antenna array/transmitter location: