WAVC FM 93.9 Mio
Simulcast of WGFN-FM 98.1 Glen Arbor / Traverse City
Slogan/Positioner: Classic Rock The Bear
Format: Classic Rock
Web site: www.classicrockthebear.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 50,000 watts / 433 feet / C2
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WAVC from Wikipedia
- WAVC from RadioTime.com
- Classic Rock The Bear on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WAVC: 12/30/1996
- WCLX: assigned 8/6/1993
Call Sign Origin: River's Waves (prior format)
On Air Date: about 1994
Owner: Northern Star Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 922-4981
- 4/2010: WAVC 93.9 Mio changes from simulcast of WMKC 102.9 to WGFN 98.1; WLJZ 94.5 Mackinaw City changes from classic country to simulcast of WGFN 98.1. Classic rock format (The Bear) is now heard on FM 93.9, 94.5, 98.1 and 107.1 with Bob and Tom mornings. Mainstream rock format is now heard on FM 95.5 and 105.1 with Free Beer & Hot Wings mornings. Country WMKC is now a stand-alone station.
- 3/26/2001: Begins simulcasting WMKC-FM 102.9 St. Ignace (Big Country) after dropping Modern Rock programming from WJZJ-FM 95.5 Glen Arbor
- 9/15/1998: Calibre Communications reorganizes as Northern Star Broadcasting
- 3/16/1998: Format switch to Modern Rock as 'The Zone'
- 1998: Calibre Communications purchases station from Del Reynolds
- 1997: Format switch to Smooth Jazz as 'Coast FM'. Joined WLJZ 94.3 Mackinaw City and WJZJ-FM 94.3 Leland in 'triplecast'
- 1997: Purchased by Del Reynolds
- 1997: Purchased by Todd Mohr, calls to WAVC, format is Adult Alternative 'The River'. Calls stood for the 'River's Waves'
- about 1994: On-air with Adult Contemporary format as WCLX, simulcasting 100.7 Oscoda WCLS
Old logo gallery: