WAYG FM 89.9 Grand Rapids
Slogan/Positioner: Way-FM; Commercial Free Hits
Format: Contemporary Christian Hit Radio
Web site: www.way.fm
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 4,900 watts / 207 feet / A, directional
Construction permit: FM 89.7; 3,200 watts / 243 feet / A, directional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- Radio Locator CP coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- Way-FM on Facebook
- WAYG from TuneIn
- WAYG from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WAYG: 10/23/1998
- WBYW: 6/1/1991
Call Sign Origin: Way FM Grand Rapids
On Air Date:
Owner: Cornerstone University
Telephone: (269) 383-3600
- 11/2011: Construction permit granted to specify 3,200 watts @ 243 feet on 89.7 FM The changes should provide better coverage of the station to the west in areas like Jenison and Allendale and provide some coverage into eastern Muskegon and Ottawa counties for the first time. The station's coverage to the west on 89.9 is limited by co-channel station WTHS 89.9 Holland.
- 8/2002: FCC grants a construction permit for the following changes: ERP from 4,000 watts @ 194 feet to 4,900 watts @ 207 feet with a tower location change from south of Grand Rapids to just east of Grand Rapids. License to cover granted in August, 2005.
- Late 1998: Cornerstone College takes control of station and begins simulcasting Christian CHR programming of WAYK 88.3 Kalamazoo.
- by 1986: Broadcasting in stereo with a taller tower somewhere northeast of Grand Rapids and World Music programming
- 19xx: Originally started on the campus of Acquinas College in Grand Rapids as community radio station WEHB 'East Hills Broadcasters'. The broadcast was in mono from a second floor studio from the Eastown area of Grand Rapids, with an antenna on top of a building on the Aquinas College campus, less than a mile from the studio. Programming was mostly jazz and eclectic.
Old logo gallery: