WBBL-FM 107.3 Greenville/Grand Rapids
Slogan/Positioner: West Michigan's Sports Leader
Web site: www.wbbl.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 50,000 watts / 492 feet / B
Broadcasts in digital/HD
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WBBL-FM from Wikipedia
- WBBL-FM from RadioTime.com
- WBBL-FM on Facebook (no page found)
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WBBL-FM: 5/26/2009
- WKLQ: 10/11/2004
- WODJ: 11/15/1989
Call Sign Origin: The Ball
On Air Date:
Owner: Cumulus Media
Telephone: (616) 774-8461
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 5/28/2009: Format change from active rock to sports as WBBL essentially moving the format from AM to FM. Most programming is simulcast on AM 1340 however that station will change formats and call sign later in 2009. KLQ's active rock format goes on-line only but that too ends after several months.
- 4/28/2006: Simulcast on FM 92.5 Newaygo ends as that station picks up Classic Country format previously on sister station 105.3
- 8/15/2005: FM 92.5 Newaygo picks up simulcast of WKLQ
- 10/11/2004: Format change from Oldies as Oldies WODJ to Active Rock as WKLQ. Active Rock format and WKLQ call sign moved from FM 94.5
- 4/6/2000: FCC approves sale of station from Michigan Media (Bloomington Broadcasting) to Citadel
- 10/1999: FCC approves sale from Goodrich Radio to Bloomington (Michigan Media)
- 7/29/1999: Agreement is reached to sell station to Bloomington Broadcasting for $7.5 million.
- 11/15/1989: Format change to oldies as WODJ.
- 1979: As WPLB, sister station was WPLB 1060. A new WPLB-FM was created at 106.3 FM after 107.3 was sold off.
Old logo gallery: