WBCK AM 930 Battle Creek
Slogan/Positioner: Country 93
Format: Classic Country
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 5,000 watts / 2 / directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 3 / directional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage areas: Day, Night
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WBCK on Facebook
- from TuneIn
- WBCK from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: Battle Creek
On Air Date: 1948
Owner: Stratus Radio (in trust from Cumulus Media to be sold)
Telephone: (269) 963-5555
- 3/2009: FCC again approves sale of 8 Battle Creek and Ann Arbor stations from Clear Channel to Cumulus.
- 3/2008: WBCK AM drops simulcast of news/talk format that moved to WBCK-FM 95.3. New format on AM 930 is country as 'Country 93'.
- 12/2007: The FCC approved the sale of Clear Channel's Ann Arbor (country WWWW-FM 102.9, adult alternative WQKL-FM 107.1, sports WTKA AM 1050, talk WLBY AM 1290) and Battle Creek (talk WBCK-FM 95.3, soft rock WBXX-FM 104.9, talk WBCK AM 930, silent WBFN AM 1400) clusters to Cumulus Broadcasting. Simultaneously, the Commission approved the transfer of WBFN to Family Life Broadcasting and the transfer of WBCK AM into the Stratus Radio LLC trust. The complicated transaction was first announced in December 2006.
- 9/2007: News-Talk format begins simulcast on WBCK-FM 95.3 Battle Creek. It's expected the simulcast on AM 930 will end in December when the station will go silent or be transferred to a new owner.
- 8/2007: Announced that Cumulus has applied to put WBCK AM 930 Battle Creek into a trust controlled by Stratus Radio, LLC which will in turn sell the
station to an independent third party in order to comply with ownership limits.
- 12/2006: Cumulus is acquiring Ann Arbor stations WWWW-FM 102.9, WQKL-FM 107.1, WTKA AM 1050, and WLBY AM 1290 along with Battle Creek stations WBXX-FM 95.3, WRCC-FM 104.9, WBCK AM 930, and WBFN AM 1400 from Clear Channel pending FCC approval and closing. Cumulus will then immediately donate WBFN AM 1400 Battle Creek to Family Life Communications.
- 7/18/2000: AMFM/Clear Channel merger approved
- 10/1999: AMFM to merge with Clear Channel
- 3/1999: Capstar officially becomes part of Chancellor (now AMFM) with approval of FCC.
- 8/27/1998: Capstar and Chancellor Media are to merge.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: