WBCK-FM 95.3 Battle Creek
Slogan/Positioner: Battle Creek's News/Talk Leader
Web site: www.953wbck.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 3,000 watts / 269 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WBCK-FM on Facebook
- WBCK-FM TuneIn
- WBCK-FM from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WBCK-FM: 9/18/2007
- WBXX: 10/26/1989
- WMJC: 4/30/1987
- WMKG: 2/5/1986
Call Sign Origin: Battle Creek
On Air Date:
Owner: Cumulus Media
Telephone: (269) 963-5555
- 3/2009: FCC again approves sale of 8 Battle Creek and Ann Arbor stations from Clear Channel to Cumulus.
- 3/2008: AM 930 drops news/talk simulcast of WBCK-FM 95.3. New format on WBCK AM is Country.
- 12/2007: The FCC approved the sale of Clear Channel's Ann Arbor (country WWWW-FM 102.9, adult alternative WQKL-FM 107.1, sports WTKA AM 1050, talk WLBY AM 1290) and Battle Creek (talk WBCK-FM 95.3, soft rock WBXX-FM 104.9, talk WBCK AM 930, silent WBFN AM 1400) clusters to Cumulus Broadcasting. Simultaneously, the Commission approved the transfer of WBFN to Family Life Broadcasting and the transfer of WBCK AM into the Stratus Radio LLC trust. The complicated transaction was first announced in December 2006.
- 9/2007: Station changes format from Adult Contemporary to News-Talk-
- News-Talk format begins simulcast with WBCK AM 930 Battle Creek. It's expected the simulcast on AM 930 will end in December when that station will go silent or be transferred to a new owner
- Adult Contemporary format formerly heard on FM 95.3 moves to FM 104.9 along with WBXX call sign.
- 12/2006: Cumulus is acquiring Ann Arbor stations WWWW-FM 102.9, WQKL-FM 107.1, WTKA AM 1050, and WLBY AM 1290 along with Battle Creek stations WBXX-FM 95.3, WRCC-FM 104.9, WBCK AM 930, and WBFN AM 1400 from Clear Channel pending FCC approval and closing. Cumulus will then immediately donate WBFN AM 1400 Battle Creek to Family Life Communications.
- 7/18/2000: AMFM/Clear Channel merger approved
- 10/1999: AMFM to merge with Clear Channel
- 3/1999: Capstar officially becomes part of Chancellor (later AMFM) with approval of FCC.
- 8/27/1998: Capstar and Chancellor Media are to merge.
- On air: Donald F. Price is owner
Old logo gallery: