WBMI FM 105.5 West Branch
Slogan/Positioner: Classic Hit Country
Format: Classic Country
Power/Height/Class: 6,000 watts / 299 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WBMI on Facebook
- WBMI from TuneIn
- WBMI from Wikipedia
Call Sign History:
- WBMI: 5/21/1991
Call Sign Origin: West Branch Michigan
On Air Date: November 7, 1977
Owner: CF Broadcasting, LLC
Telephone: (989) 345-4269
- 8/2011: CF Broadcasting, LLC is purchasing the station from 105.5FM, LLC (Peggy Warner) for $360,000 pending FCC approval and closing. FCC approves sale in 10/2011 and it closes in 11/2011.
- 4/2008: The FCC approved the voluntary transfer of license to Peggy R. Warner from Independent Television Productions of Michigan. The transaction closed about a week later.
- 2/2008: Peggy Warner will become the sole owner of WBMI pending FCC approval. Warner is a shareholder in Independent TV Productions of MI (ITP) and had loaned money to ITP which was not been repaid. No monetary consideration is exchanging hands.
- 4/2006: Format change from Oldies as "Oldies 105.5; Northern Michigan's Oldies Station" to Classic Country.
- 9/2005: FCC approves transfer of station to Kevin & Alana Beamish; transfer never closes.
- 7/2005: Station is sold by Independent TV Productions of Michigan to Kevin & Alana Beamish for $300,000 pending FCC approval and closing.
- 4/2005: After going off the air for a short period, the station returns to the air with an Oldies format as 'Oldies 105.5'
- 1/18/2005: Station is assigned by Independent TV Productions of Michigan to Peggy R. Warner, pending FCC approval. Application for assignment is dropped in 9/2005.
- 10/2/2001: FCC grants transfer of license from Northern Radio Network to Independent TV Productions
- 9/2001: Station returns to air with Adult Top 40 format (satellite fed from Jones Radio Networks).
- 8/2001: Sale from Northern Radio Network to Independent TV Productions announced (sale price $100,000).
- 11/2000: Station goes silent once again.
- 1992: WBMI returns to the air as oldies 'Cool 105.5' under the ownership of Daraka Broadcasting which becomes Northern Radio Network. The license for WBMB eventually expires and that station never returns to the air.
- 1989: WBMI and WBMB are bankrupt and go off the air in 1990.
- 11/7/1977: On-air simulcasting sister station WBMB AM with full service/middle of the road format.