WBXX FM 104.9 Marshall/Battle Creek
Slogan/Positioner: Mix 104.9; The Best Music Mix
Format: Adult Contemporary
Web site: www.1049wbxx.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 6,000 watts / 328 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WBXX on Facebook
- WBXX from TuneIn
- WBXX from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WBXX: 9/18/2007
- WRCC: 9/5/2006
- WWKN: 1/10/1997
- WRCC: 3/18/1996
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date:
Owner: Cumulus Media
Telephone: (269) 963-5555
- 3/2009: FCC again approves sale of 8 Battle Creek and Ann Arbor stations from Clear Channel to Cumulus.
- 12/2007: The FCC approved the sale of Clear Channel's Ann Arbor (country WWWW-FM 102.9, adult alternative WQKL-FM 107.1, sports WTKA AM 1050, talk WLBY AM 1290) and Battle Creek (talk WBCK-FM 95.3, soft rock WBXX-FM 104.9, talk WBCK AM 930, silent WBFN AM 1400) clusters to Cumulus Broadcasting. Simultaneously, the Commission approved the transfer of WBFN to Family Life Broadcasting and the transfer of WBCK AM into the Stratus Radio LLC trust. The complicated transaction was first announced in December 2006.
- 9/2007: Classic Rock format is dropped as Adult Contemporary format and WBXX call sign moves from sister station FM 95.3 Battle Creek. FM 95.3 becomes new home of News-Talk WBCK which is moving from AM 930 as Cumulus is forced to spin off that station to stay under FCC ownership cap limits.
- 12/2006: Cumulus is acquiring Ann Arbor stations WWWW-FM 102.9, WQKL-FM 107.1, WTKA AM 1050, and WLBY AM 1290 along with Battle Creek stations WBXX-FM 95.3, WRCC-FM 104.9, WBCK AM 930, and WBFN AM 1400 from Clear Channel pending FCC approval and closing. Cumulus will then immediately donate WBFN AM 1400 Battle Creek to Family Life Communications.
- 2005: Format evolves to Classic Rock as "SuperRock 104.9"
- 2003: "Keener" moniker is slowly replaced by "SuperHits" as format shifts to Classic Hits from Oldies
- 8/30/2000: AMFM/Clear Channel merger closes
- 10/1999: AMFM to merge with Clear Channel
- 3/1999: Capstar officially becomes part of Chancellor (now AMFM) with approval of FCC.
- 8/27/1998: Capstar and Chancellor Media are to merge.
- 1/10/1997: Format/call sign/band switch with WRCC-AM 930. FM known as Keener 104.9
Old logo gallery: