WCFX FM 95.3 Clare/Mt. Pleasant
Slogan/Positioner: 95.3 CFX Today's Best Music
Format: Top 40 / Contemporary Hits
Web site: www.wcfx.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 6,000 watts / 328 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WCFX from Wikipedia
- WCFX from RadioTime.com
- WCFX on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WCFX: 11/15/1980
- WRNN-FM: 6/11/1979
Call Sign Origin: Foxy 95
On Air Date:
Owner: Grenax Broadcasting
Telephone: (989) 772-4173
- 10/2003: FCC approves sale of station from Goldsen to Grenax
- 8/2003: Station is sold by Goldsen Broadcasting/Jackson Radio works for $2.875 million to Florida-based Grenax Broadcasting, pending FCC approval.
- 5/10/2000: FCC approves sale from Mackin Broadcasting to Goldsen Broadcasting
- 3/2000: Announced that station has been sold to Goldsen Broadcasting (majority owners of Jackson Radio Works)
- 19xx: Format is Contemporary Hits '95.3 CFX'
- 1980: Back on-air, call sign to WCFX as 'Foxy 95'
- 1980: Bankruptcy sale to Kelly Communications (Paul "Christy" Christedes of WKNR/WNIC/etc fame. Named the company after his daughter)
- 1979: WRNN-FM is dark along with sister WRNN-AM 990
- 1976: Stock-sale transfer to Reed R. Prior & R. Scott Gilmore
- 19xx: Station is on-air as WCRM-FM (Crossroads of Michigan); co-owned with WCRM-AM 990 by Mid-Michigan Broadcasting.