WCSX FM 94.7 Birmingham/Detroit
Slogan/Positioner: The Classic Rock Station
Format: Classic Rock
Web site: www.wcsx.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 13,500 watts / 951 feet / B
Broadcasts in digital/HD
- Secondary stream format (HD2): Classic Rock
- Secondary stream web site: www.wcsxdeeptrax.com
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WCSX on Facebook
- WCSX from TuneIn
- WCSX from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WCSX: 3/14/1987
- WMJC: 1976
- WHNE: 1973
Call Sign Origin: Classicx (Classics)
On Air Date:
Owner: Greater Media
Telephone: (248) 945-9470
- 5/1987: WCSX, one of the USA's first classic rock stations is launched, replacing soft rock Magic 95.
- 1976: Honey Radio is now on AM only as soft adult contemporary WMJC 'Magic 95' is unveiled on FM 94.7.
- 1973: Honey Radio is born on both WHNE and later on sister station WHND-AM 560 'All Oldies, All The Time'.
- 7/3/1973: Greater Media purchases station.
- 1972: Format change to 1950's-60's oldies.
- WHFI was known as 'Whiffieland, stereo 94' and featured a middle-of-the-road format.
Oakland County: near 8 Mile Rd and Wyoming Ave (Royal Oak Twp)
Old logo gallery: