WCTP FM 88.5 Gagetown/Bad Axe
Slogan/Positioner: Christian Gospel Music WCTP FM 88.5
Web site: www.wctpradiofm.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 6,000 watts / 328 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WCTP from Wikipedia
- WCTP from TuneIn
- WCTP on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WCTP: 12/28/2006
- WPEE: assigned 12/15/2005
Call Sign Origin: Christian Theme Park
On Air Date: April 2006
Owner: Plonta Broadcasting
Telephone: (989) 872-3525
- W287BU 105.3 Caro: 250 watts / 23 feet / D
Tech info: engineering data, station details, FCCInfo.com, Recnet
Coverage areas: FCC, Radio Locator
Main station on app: WLKB 89.1 Bay City
- 12/2006: Calls change to WCTP to better reflect the synergy between the Noah's Ark park and the radio station.
- 7/2006: License granted, at least some programming is from LifeTalk Radio
- 4/2006: Reported as on-air with programming from GCN (Genesis Communications Network) Radio
- 11/17/2005: Construction permit granted to Plonta Broadcasting, which is owned by Pastor Duane Plonta of Farver Road Baptist Church. Plonta also owns Noah's Ark, a Christian amusement park, which he created in 1999.
- 7/2011: W234BP 94.7 Caro granted construction permit to change frequency to 105.3 as W287BU, change power from 85 watts @ 33 feet to 250 watts @ 23 feet, and change location from north of Caro in Tuscola County to east of Bay City in Bay County. License to cover granted 9/2011.
- 6/2011: Plonta Broadcasting is acquiring FM translator W234BP 94.7 Caro from Radio Assist Ministry for $25,000 pending FCC approval and closing. FCC approves sale in 8/2011 and it closes in 10/2011.
- 1/2009: W233BK 94.5 Caro granted construction permit to move to 94.7 as W234BP, increase power from 10 to 85 watts, and move north of Caro; license to cover granted March, 2010.
- 11/2004: Construction permit granted to Radio Assist Ministry for W233BK 94.5 Caro.