WCXI AM 1160 Fenton
Slogan/Positioner: Talk 'n Rare Oldies
Web site: www.wpon.com/
E-Mail: visit web site
Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 2 / directional
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 15,000 watts / 3 / directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 215 watts / 2 / directional
Construction permit expires 4/12/2013
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- Radio Locator daytime CP coverage area
- Radio Locator nighttime CP coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WCXI on Facebook
- WCXI from TuneIn
- WCXI from Wikipedia
Call Sign History:
- WCXI: 1/14/2000
- WWON: 8/20/1993
- WCXI: 10/12/1992
- WACY: 1/10/1989
- WFEN: sign on, 1985
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: November 15, 1985
Owner: Birach Broadcasting Corp.
Telephone: (810) 750-1911
- 9/2010: After sister station WPON AM 1460 Walled Lake goes silent due to issues with its towers, oldies-talk format moves to WCXI which drops its classic country programming.
- 4/2010: Construction permit granted to move daytime operations near Wixom in Oakland County and increase power from 1,000 to 15,000 watts. CP modified in December 2011 to move nighttime operations to the same location but reduce power to 215 watts at night.
- 1/2004: Major change application filed to change city of license from Fenton to Wixom and move facility into Oakland County; application is dismissed in July, 2009.
- 1999: Programming settles on Classic Country
- 1/03/1999: Station is on-air playing combination oldies and classic country
- 12/23/1999: Dead carrier heard as station prepares to return to air
- 9/13/1999: FCC approval of sale to Birach Broadcasting from GWC Inc for $708,000
- 1999: Station is silent
- 4/20/1993: Acquired by GWC, Inc. Format change to religious.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Const permit transmitter location: