WDTK AM 1400 Detroit
Slogan/Positioner: News-Talk 1400 AM WDTK Detroit
Web site: www.wdtkam.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 1 / omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage map
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WDTK from RadioTime.com
- WDTK from Wikipedia
Call Sign History:
- WDTK: 9/30/2004
- WQBH: 6/30/1982
- WMZK: 12/3/1980
- WJLB: 1939
- WMBC: sign on, 1925
Call Sign Origin: Detroit Talk
On Air Date: November 1925
Owner: Salem Communications
Telephone: (313) 965-4500
- 9/2004: Format change from Full Service/Urban Oldies to Conservative talk as WDTK under new owner Salem Communications.
- 9/2004: Former calls: The Queen Broadcasts Here
- 5/2004: FCC approves sale
- 3/2004: Station is sold for $4.75 million from Queen's Broadcasting Corp. to Salem Communications, pending FCC approval.
- 1/29/2000: Ms. Steinberg passes away; ownership reverts to her three daughters with common stock voting shares and the Order of the Fisherman Ministry holding non-voting preferred stock.
- 1998: Ms. Steinberg is inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame's roll of distinguished radio personalitites
- 5/1997: Ms. Steinberg acquires station for $3.9 million
- 1993: Ms. Steinberg inducted into the Black Radio Hall of Fame
- 4/23/1982: WMZK is sold by Booth Co. to TXZ Corp and becomes WQBH under the leadership of Martha Jean 'The Queen' Steinberg whose Detroit radio career started in 1963. Ms. Steinberg' talk/music program was dropped from WJLB 97.9, however Booth wound up selling AM 1400 to the Steinberg led group which continued the mid-day show.
- 1980: WMZK-FM 97.9 and WJLB 1400 swap bands and formats.
- 3/29/41: WJLB moves to 1400
- 1939: WMBC becomes WJLB as John Lord Booth takes control of station
- 1930: Frequency now 1420
- 1927: Frequency now 1230
- 11/1925: On the air at 1170, owned by Michigan Broadcasting Co.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Wayne County; Nr. Midland St. and Hamilton Ave (Highland Park)