WDTR FM 89.1 Imlay City
Programming provided from WLGH-FM 88.1 Lansing
Slogan/Positioner: Smile FM; Michigan's Positive Hits
Format: Religious; Contemporary Christian
Web site: www.smile.fm
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 1,500 watts / 171 feet / A
Construction permit: 6,000 watts (V) / 262 feet / A, directional
- Frequency change to 88.9
- permit expires 8/26/2012
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- Radio Locator CP coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WDTR from Wikipedia
- Smile FM from Wikipedia
- WDTR from TuneIn
- Smile FM on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WDTR: 4/20/2011
- WSMF: 4/11/2011
- WWKM: 8/9/2004
- WHYT: issued 12/1/2000
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: December 18, 2000
Telephone: (517) 381-0573
- 8/2009: New construction permit granted to change frequency to 88.9 and change power to 6,000 watts (vertical) @ 262 feet with a directional antenna. The station's location would move from Lapeer county to Macomb county northwest of Romeo.
- 1/2008: Format shifts to contemporary worship music and becomes Smile FM Praise which is expected to expand to other Michigan stations that have overlapping signals with other Smile FM stations. Smile FM Praise is discontinued in 2009 and WWKM reverts back to the original Smile FM network.
- 4/7/2006: Construction permit granted to change power from 1,500 watts @ 171 feet to 6,000 watts (vertical) directional from a different tower location south of Lapeer in Oakland County (northeast of Oxford). Construction permit expires without being completed.
- 8/2004: Station drops out of Smile FM network as FM 88.1 provides a similar coverage area. Call sign changes to WWKM (was on 88.1) and format changes to traditional Christian programming.
- 6/2004: Station repositions as 'Smile FM' along with all the other stations owned/operated by Superior Communications/Northland Community Broadcasters/Michigan Community Radio. Programming originates in Lansing at WLGH-FM 88.1 with local inserts.
- 4/6/2001: License granted
- 12/18/2000: Station is on-air with Adult Contemporary Christian format
- 11/24/2000: Construction permit granted
Const permit transmitter location: