WDZH FM 98.7 Detroit
Slogan/Positioner: 98.7 Amp Radio, Playing All The Hits
Format: Contemporary Hits
Web site: www.987ampradio.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 50,000 watts / 463 feet / B
Broadcasts in digital/HD
- Secondary stream format (HD2): Smooth Jazz
- HD2 web site: www.smoothjazzdetroit.com
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WDZH from RadioTime.com
- 97.7 Amp Radio on Facebook
- Detroit Radio Flashbacks: Air checks
Call Sign History:
- WDZH: 5/3/2010
- WVMV: 2/16/1996
- WLLZ: 7/16/1980
- WBFG: sign on, 1961
On Air Date: 1961
Owner: CBS Radio
Telephone: (248) 855-5100
- 10/2/2009: Smooth Jazz format ends at 5:00pm when the station changes to Contemporary Hits. Smooth Jazz music moves to HD2.
- Early 2008: FM translators owned by Educational Media Foundation, W252BX 98.3 and W272CA 102.3 Detroit, sign on rebroadcasting WVMV. These translators later switch to the HD2 channel of WMXD-FM 92.3 Detroit.
- 12/20/1995: After switch to Modern Rock based format failed to raise ratings, 'Detroit's Wheels' is dropped. Last rock song is Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven at about 10am. Kenny G debuts the New Adult Contemporary / Smooth Jazz format. New calls to be WVMV.
- 6/1995: Format begins to evolve into Modern Rock
- 12/1989: Westinghouse acquires station. Westinghouse later merges with CBS.
- 7/16/1980: Station is sold and rock format is launched as WLLZ 'Detroit's Wheels', Album Oriented Rock
- 1961: On the air as WBFG = 'We Broadcast For God', religious programming
- WBFG is preceded on the 98.7 frequency in Southeast Michigan by WPAG-FM Ann Arbor, which is on the air by 1948 and signs off forever by 1958.
Wayne County: Near Livernois and Davison W. (Detroit)
Old logo gallery:
Some old logos courtesy of DetroitRadioFlashbacks.net